A 56-year-old client becomes unemployed due to disability. The client tells a CFP® professional that he hopes to go back to work eventually, but is not sure when that might be. Until then, he needs to generate replacement income. His only available asset is his traditional 401(k) plan. What is the best way for the client to replace his income?

  1.   Directly from the 401(k) plan
  2.   From a rollover IRA, using Rule 72(t)
  3.   From a rollover annuity, using substantially equal payments
  4.   From a brokerage account, using net unrealized appreciation (NUA)