According to CNN Money being a financial advisor is the 6thbest job in the United States. That is no surprise to people already in the industry, but may come as a surprise to those who aren’t familiar with the normal duties of a financial advisor. So what makes it such a great job? Primarily, it’s the satisfaction that comes with helping someone achieve their financial dreams. A few other advantages are listed below:
- Riders such as an “Accidental Death Benefit” can double or triple the actual death benefit paid. Sometimes the death benefit is scheduled to increase or decrease according to a schedule.
- If the policy is participating and dividends are used to purchase term insurance or paid-up additions, the death benefit will increase from the face amount of the policy.
- Outstanding loans and interest on loans due reduce the death benefit paid.
- Many companies pay interest from date of death, from the time a claim is filed, etc., which increases the death benefit paid.
- UL policies that have a level at-risk portion of the policy and the death benefit increases as the cash value increases.
So what does it take to become a financial advisor? The CNN Money article suggests that employers are more likely to hire people with some kind of certification, with the most desired being:
- CFP® (Certified Financial Planner)
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
If you’re considering a career change, being a financial advisor is a good place to start. And if the CFP® Certification is of interest, feel free to visit our website to learn more about our online programs.