CFP® Certificants in the News
According to a January 11, 2021, report by CFP Board, “…nearly 1 in 5 CFP® professionals reported that clients leaned on them as a financial therapist first and a financial planner second [in 2020]…”.
Other key trends were reported by CFP Board, including:
- The rise of virtual financial planning
- “Advice is now transportable as planners and their clients can connect while located hundreds, or thousands, of miles apart.”
- Renewed interest in contingency planning
- “If a firm did not have a contingency plan prior to the pandemic, it is important to establish one moving forward to prevent disruptions in service.”
- Increased awareness that change is constant
- 2020 has no monopoly on change. Financial planners will need to be especially vigilant as President Biden’s 2021 tax, spending, stimulus, and international trade policies are implemented.
Click here for the full report.