CFP® Board Updates
On May 4, the CFP Board announced the July 2020 CFP Board Exam has been postponed to September. This was in response to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The new pertinent dates are:
- Examination Period: September 22-29, 2020
- Registration Opens: Already in Progress
- Registration Deadline: September 8, 2020
- Early Bird Discount ($725 rate) ends: July 28, 2020
- Education Verification Deadline: August 25, 2020
While this is certainly a blow to students in the midst of their preparation for the July exam, the silver lining is it allows additional time for optimum preparation. One other thing to consider is that while everyone certainly expects to pass the CFP Board Exam, for those who unfortunately do not receive that passing score, their next opportunity to take the exam will be the November 2020 exam. This shortened time between exams may allow those who don’t pass in September to be in a better position to continue their studies for the November exam.
Additional details about the postponed exam administration are addressed by the CFP Board in the FAQ below.