The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards has updated the way student completion of educational programs, such as ours, are reported. Previously, when students would complete their CFP® Certification Education, the process for reporting that completion would be as follows:
- Students receive a letter of completion from their educational provider
- Students send the letter of completion to the CFP Board as part of their exam registration
- The educational provider would notify the CFP Board of the student completing their program
- The CFP Board would match letters of completion against educational provider submissions
The process has been updated to eliminate the letter of completion and simply have the educational provider report all completions. Therefore, starting with this upcoming March exam, the process will be as follows:
- The educational provider notifies the CFP Board of a student completing their program
- The CFP Board emails the student to notify them that their completion has been reported
The CFP Board initiated this change to help make the process easier for all parties and to eliminate any possible discrepancies and errors. So far, it appears to be a great success.
If you would like to learn more about the CFP Board’s new education verification system, watch the following webinar featuring CFP Board’s Dr. Chaffin introducing the new online process for Registered Programs to submit student eligibility information to the CFP Board.
To learn more about our online CFP program partnerships, click on any of the links below: