CFP® Board Updates
CFP Board continues to offer COVID19 risk mitigation for qualified candidates. Key excerpts from recent CFP Board FAQs follow:
What is Remote Proctoring?
“…an exam delivery method that allows candidates to take the CFP® Exam from home or a location of their choice, rather than at a Prometric test center.
CFP Board’s test delivery vendor, Prometric, will administer the CFP® Exam to candidates through the ProProctor remote assessment platform versus testing at a Prometric test center.
The security process and candidate check in procedures are comparable to the test center. Prometric live Proctors monitor the candidate test session through audio and video throughout the duration of the exam.”
What are the eligibility requirements?
Candidates are generally eligible if they meet the distance OR health requirement and the technology requirement.
- Distance - The nearest Prometric test center must be more than 50 miles from home.
- Health - Candidates must “…have an eligible health reason.”
All candidates applying to take the CFP® Exam from home must comply with technology requirements.
What are the technology requirements?
- Screen Resolution: 1920 X 1080
- Operating System: Windows / MacOS
- Web Browser: Latest Google Chrome
- Webcam Resolution: 640 X 480p (if not using a laptop, a portable webcam is required)
- Microphone: Enabled
- [Minimum] Download Speed: 500 Kbps
Interested candidates may apply to take the CFP® Exam from home at https://www.cfp.net/-/media/files/cfp-board/cfp-certification/exam/cfp-board-remote-testing-application.pdf?la=en&hash=EC22C290C20CB03C1F80EB97C4E7FFAB